4/23/2007

"Outside? Outside? Outside? Outside?....."

Tyler's favorite word. "Outside."

"Downstairs" used to be his favorite, but now that it's warm outside, he wants be out.

This weekend we spent both days outside all day long, enjoying the 80 degree weather. We covered him in sunscreen and out he went, wearing a hat and pair of sunglasses. He looked like a rockstar. I'll have pics tomorrow.

Anytime we brought him in the house for something, he pitched a fit, and begged us to go back "outside, outside, outside..."

Yesterday we told him that when he woke up from his nap, he could go outside again, and it was only moments after waking up that he started asking. It was great for us to see him have so much fun. We were able to play with him while also getting work down around the yard.

He conquered a fear, too. He had always been afraid to walk on the grass, but when he saw me watering an area of the lawn where I had buried our DirecTV line, he hesitated at the brink, then stepped on to the grass and came over to me. And that was the end of his fear. He ran on our back lawn whenever he felt like it, with no worries.

Now, he just needs to get over his fear of the moving leaves. Anytime the wind blows a leaf across the driveway by him, it makes that scratchy sound and it really scares him. I was talking to a neighbor when I heard him scream and cry, and be consoled by Mommy. I just assumed he was upset about something, cuz he can be moody when he wants to be, but I found out later that he was scared of a leaf that had blown near him. Mommy tried to show him how to step on them, and we encourage him to pick them up or hold them, but I think it might take some time.

Saturday night, Rosey's Daycare held a fundraiser for The American Cancer Society. They babysat kids from 5p til 9p with all proceeds going to the society. Kelly and I took the opportunity to go out and have some fun. We got some Mexican for dinner, then saw "Michigan Impossible" at The Second City in Novi. It was VERY funny and we had a great time. We picked Tyler up, who was sleeping on his cot, and brought him home, thinking that he'd sleep in from going to bed late....but noooooooo. He was up at 6-something, then asleep again until after 7am.

Last night, we brought out our chairs, including Tyler's little one, and we sat in the backyard and just hung out. It was early evening and there was a nice breeze and it was mosquito-free, which won't be the case this summer. So we enjoyed it.

I have a few pics from the weekend, but not much because we were either enjoying Tyler or getting things done around the yard, just the three of us, hanging out as a family outside, outside, outside.....

No comments:

Post a Comment