12/01/2006

When I Look At The World Today...

...it's a bit blurry from the Pink Eye I have. I was intending to post some new pics this week, but got laid up for three days with Pink Eye in both eyes. Now that I am getting back to the real world again, I plan on catching up on those overdue pics. It's kind of amusing that when people talk with me at work today, they look me directly in the eyes. I find it ironic that it's Pink Eye that causes it. I get straight-on looks now. lol.

Also, a note on the last post. I sat Tyler in front of our computer and showed him the blog for the first time. He looked at it for a bit, then wanted to play with the keyboard like Daddy was, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to let him type his first post to the blog. He was so deliberate in his pushing, using one finger and holding the key down. By the end, he was using both hands and just pushing what he could. He loves to push buttons and he's become good at using his pointer finger to do so. It was so cute.

Some new things to report:

1. Tyler can say "cracker" pretty clear. He also is getting better at copying what we say. "Diaper", "ball", and "water" are a part of his vocabulary now.

2. He is using his sign language more often to communicate his needs to us. Although the sign for milk has become the sign for "I'm Hungry". Still very cool.

3. Tyler is walking a lot with the help of our hands. We'll "walk" him around the house and we usually let our arms go limp, cuz he's doing all the work and just using us for support. It can only be a matter of time...

4. This morning, and for the 2nd year in a row, I awoke on my birthday to the sound of Tyler singing Happy Birthday to me. It sounded like this: WAAAAAAAAA! WAAAAAAAA! WAAAAAAAAAA! Although, when Mommy hummed it to me, Tyler tried to copy her and it almost sounded like the real thing. It was a great way to start the day.

5. I am starting to see more Kibler in Tyler now, as his face continues to change. He's such a handsome boy and I am so amazed at how much he's grown.

There is so much more, including countless little things that he does that make him this unique little person, that to try and write it all here would take too long and wouldn't do it justice anyway.

When I look at the world today, through my bloodshot and aging eyes, I see the greatest birthday gift ever....my son...and my family.

Thanks for reading our blog today.


No comments:

Post a Comment