11/15/2006

Happy First Birthday, Tyler!




At 11:44pm, Tyler will officially be one year old! Kelly and I are remembering the moments from last year as we look at the clock today. It's a very surreal and emotional memory.

One year ago today, an amazing thing happened, and for those interested, click the link below to read the detailed "Story of Mommy." I am still amazed at my wife's strength, courage and determination.

The Story of Mommy


Click on any picture to enlarge it:

Here are some pics from November 15th, 2005 as we prepared for Baby Boy's arrival:




Once the epideral kicked in things were slightly easier and we took this pic:



2:44pm, November 15th, 2005. The monitor of Kelly's contractions:






Here are some pics to go along with the above mentioned Story of Mommy:

Here is the first EVER picture of Tyler after his birth:




This is a pic of Tyler turning to look at me when I started to talk to him for the first time. It was one of the greatest moments in my life. My own son, recognizing my voice:




The first ever pic of Tyler and Mommy, and the first time they met each other:




The first time Mommy ever held Tyler, then she said: "It was all worth it."


This is the 2nd picture ever taken of me and Tyler. The first was too blurry to post:



And, here's a pic that seems to sum the whole thing up. (It brings tears of joy to my face as I post it here), as Tyler curls into Mommy with a certain understanding of the experience they just shared:




And, here are some pics from this morning, as Tyler turns 1 year old!






Gifts from Grandma & Grandpa Kibler:


Today, I am wearing the same shirt and cap I wore on the day he was born:





More pics to come!


Happy first birthday, buddy! You truly are an original of the species, and I love you with all my heart.

2 comments:

  1. "I'll love you forver, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
    - Robert Munsch
    Happy Birthday Tyler!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tyler! The year has gone so fast but it is great to be able to sit here and look back. Perfect quote Kelly. You are a beautiful family and I am looking forward to seeing how Tyler changes and grows in the upcoming year!!

    ReplyDelete