10/24/2006

The Bono Bible

Well, that's the joke I am using for it, anyway. Kelly brought home from the library, U2 by U2. An oversize book of the history of U2 written by the band in their own words and it's probably the greatest thing I've read.

I apologize for how often U2 comes up in this blog, when all you came here for is Tyler pictures and news. The problem is that U2 is in my nature. I got into U2 when I was 12, and impressionable. So, when their music was around in those good and bad times growing up, they became a big part of my life. I actually told Bono that when I met him in 1997 and he responded warmly.

There is a certain feeling, internal reaction, that occurs when I listen and that's why I get so obssessed with them, and that's why they sneak into this blog so much. It's just a natural thing. It's so much more than just some band that I happen to have a thing for. It's a major part of how I deal with the world around me.

I know all of this sounds dramatic and a bit scary or even weird, but, have you ever had something that inspired you, gave you comfort, escape, motivation, or an emotional release, that you still, to this day, have? A moment, a person, a song, or anything like that, that continues to resonate with you? That's what this is for me, and to accurately explain it without sounding like a dweeb is a very hard thing to do...lol.

Anyway, I suspect you haven't read this far down, but for Tyler, who may wonder what's up with Daddy and U2 all over this blog, when he reads it someday, this is something of an explanation.

I don't expect you to read much of my U2 ramblings, cuz, like this post, they can be wordy...lol. Below is a promotional video for the new U2 book that has some great quotes from the band...if, by some chance, you are interested:





No comments:

Post a Comment