When I wrote friday's post, I had no idea how "in motion" Tyler would become. Sunday, at 5:43pm, Tyler crawled for the first time ever! We checked with daycare this morning and they told us honestly that he hadn't done it there yet.
Kelly and I were eating dinner in the kitchen last night at 5:43pm, Tyler was on the living room floor playing with his toys next to the couch. We watched him take a full step forward on his hands and knees! Then he did it again!
So, we rushed to him and grabbed everything we could think of that he usually grabs for but isn't allowed to have, and we layed it all out for him to go after. He loved the idea that he was being "allowed" to reach for the remote, the phone, the playstation controller, the newspaper, etc. He didn't even get frustrated when we pulled it away from him so he'd have to crawl to it again.
AND HE DID. His motion was not smooth, and sometimes he actually hopped with both knees coming forward, but he got the process right and was able to move forward in any direction. He was herky jerky and shaky, cuz he was figuring it out for the first time, but it was so amazing.
I took video of some of it, but it's way too long. When I edit it down, I'll post it for you to see. It blows our mind. Needless to say, Kelly and I started the baby-proofing right after he went to bed.
But, as of August 14th, 2006 at 5:43pm, Tyler has begun to crawl.
...and our lives have just changed drastically!
Keep checking back for the video in a new post!
Wow!!! Yeah Tyler!!! Good Luck Mom & Dad. I can't wait to see the video, and I can't believe he is 9 months already!!!
ReplyDelete