Before I continue posting pics from our trip to NY, I wanted to break in and let you know about some new things that happened this weekend.
Tyler is clapping more and more, without prompting now.
He also is turning his tongue sideways and clicking it off the roof of his mouth, to make a "Tuh" noise. This started over the weekend for the first time.
He has also developed a Stevie Wonder impression, and will copy you if you move your head back and forth, sometimes even closing his eyes. I have video of this and will post it soon.
Also, Tyler took another step (pun intended) towards crawling. On more than one ocassion, he lifted himself to his knees and tried pushing forward, only to fall on his face, cuz he doesn't move his arms. He also begun to rock back and forth. BUT, he does it more in his crib than he does on our carpet. We wonder if he likes the feel of this crib mattress better than the carpet, OR if he knows that Daddy is the pushover and will eventually pick him up if he cries long enough on his belly.
I wasn't feeling so good on Saturday, so Kelly took him to church. 40 minutes later she was pulling in the garage, and I expected to hear him wailing and crying. It was the exact opposite. Kelly said that he was having so much fun in church that he was making too much noise. At the most quiet times, he would yell out in glee, and laugh. Kelly thinks she saw Father Ken smile once at one of this outbursts. He also went on to burp, and blow raspberries, much to his delight and Kelly's embarrassment. Needless to say, people started looking and she went out to the main area, where the benches were too full for her to watch from the back, so she came home.
So, a very exciting weekend of new things from Tyler.
When I look at the world today, I find myself repeating the same thing over and over and over: Where has the time gone?
No comments:
Post a Comment