Today is Tyler's 4-month birthday! Today, he is 12 lbs, 14 oz., which is in the 25th percentile for babies his age. He's 25.5 inches long, which is in the 75th percentile.
We celebrated by spending the morning at the pediatrician where Tyler was diagnosed with another virus. This one is causing a runny nose and terrible coughing fits. He's been alive in the outside world for four months and has had three viruses already. We also learned that Tyler tested positive for the rotavirus, and we were given the wrong information. How great! Yeah! Rotavirus, or roto-rooter virus as I call it, is highly contagious and that explains a lot to us about last week, and I'll leave it at that. He also got his next round of vaccinations and took them like a champ. He cried, but not long, and he was in a good mood afterwards.
In fact, he was in a great mood while lying on that white sheet that covers the bed in the exam room. He was kicking and squirming and smiling. I think he liked the sound of the paper rustle as he moved around. We're gonna try and create a makeshift version of that at home and see what he does.
I guess that post about being sick for the rest of our lives is actually more than a title. I am recovering from the nasty virus I got last week, and am now feeling the same symptoms Tyler has. Yep, I think I'm getting another cold. Good news, is that I am on antibiotics so I am protected from a bacterial virus, and not contagious, but that common cold has found its way in.
I really like our nurse at Tyler's doctor, and she warned us that Ty will get 8-10 viruses a year, mostly during cold-weather months, regardless of his daytime arrangements. Daycare has germs, but Ty's getting these from other places, too.
So, happy 4-month Birthday, Tyler! Here's to spring and warm weather with no colds and clear, unabated breathing.
Thanks for checking my blog today!
No comments:
Post a Comment