3/27/2006

The Circle Of Life

This weekend was an emotional one for me, from both sides of the spectrum. Sadness and joy. In either case, though, it was made clear to me that this weekend was about the circle of life.

Saturday, I attended a memorial gathering for a friend's wife, who passed away from cancer last Monday night. It was a jovial and upbeat gathering, mixed with tears and sadness. My friend and I found it interesting that on the weekend of her memorial, my son was being baptized. It was the circle of life. One journey here ending, as one begins. It's very bittersweet to think about.

Sunday, Tyler was baptized. Kelly and I grew up catholic and plan on raising Tyler the same. My Dad, Kelly's parents and brother, were here for it and it was a nice moment. We ate a huge breakfast beforehand, attended noon mass and then the baptism took place immediately after. Two other babies were being baptized as well. It was a very cool moment for me. Daryl, Tyler's Godfather, is wearing the blue shirt in the pics below. Kelly's mom stood in for my sister, who was not able to make it.

Tyler was such a good boy, he didn't even fuss or cry when he was baptized, nor when he was annointed with the oil. He seemed interested in what was happening. I had the honor of holding him during the actual baptizing, and he seemd to look into space as he felt the water fall down his head each of the three times it happened.

Today is Tyler's first full day free from Original Sin!!!! Woohooo! LOL.

Here are some pics from this weekend:















We had a huge Subway 3-foot sub that could feed a small country afterwards, and a friend of Uncle Daryl's made a cake for Tyler:





My Dad taking a pic of me taking a pic of him:



This was the first time my Dad met Tyler and it was really nice!







Tyler with both Grandpas!



Grandma Kibler reading to Tyler:



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:27 PM

    Thank you sooo much for posting the pictures so fast. They came out great. What a good boy on his big day! Seeing these pictures makes me sad and I wish I was there to share in the joy....I love him lots!!!! I'm glad it was such a nice day...:) Love you all...

    ReplyDelete