1/18/2006

The beauty of Routine

(knocking on wood before typing this post)

Tyler slept for 10 1/2 hours last night and it seems that he is finally starting to get into a night-time routine. It makes life a lot easier at night. Sleep still comes in small broken segments of old habit, but we're getting better at it and it's slowly starting to make a difference. The problem is that our body says "wow! all this sleep...I want more! I have a lot of catching up to do!" So, we still feel tired after a longer night of rest. Sleep deprivation is so strong that even when you get sleep, it seems it will take a while for us to feel rested.

How many parents are laughing at this right now? Sleep? With a baby? Wait until he's two!

Am I right?

Yesterday, I attended a funeral for a friend who's father passed. It was a very nice mass and a touching ceremony. It made me realize that I am 34 years old, and time continues to move forward no matter how hard I try to slow it down.

I thought of my father, and my new son, and how much I want to enjoy each moment I have with the people I love, while I can. It's one thing to hear about someone and praise someone for the life they had lived. It's another to do it while they are still living. If I can make a suggestion to you, my loyal WILATW reader, tell the people you love how much they mean to you, now, while they are here. Enjoy each moment, and take it all in, as much as you can.

And...more pics are coming soon, just hang in there. I have some good ones to post.

Thanks for checking out my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment