Here's a quick update on Tyler since he's come home. Eat...Sleep...Poop...and again....
Here's a quick update on Mommy and Daddy since Tyler's come home....zzzz....zzzz...sorry, where was I?
I have to say that I'm getting pretty good at swaddling Tyler, and I've already lost count of how many diapers I've changed. Basically, he's a great baby. He has his moments of calm, and his moments of fussiness. If you think about his five days of life to this point, he's has a lot of things happen to him, and it makes sense that he be out of sorts.
We did have a slight scare last night, though, when Tyler spit up some blood after breastfeeding with Kelly. Our pediatrician recommended we take him to the Pediatrics Emergency Room, so we did. Apparantly, Tyler's strong sucking of Mommy during feeding has caused slight cracks which he sucks small amounts of blood from during feeding. The ER doctors checked him out thoroughly and he's fine. It was just a scary moment for us first-time parents. The nurse at the ER was so great. She spent extra time with us to help Kelly work with the situation, and she offered some great advice, which has already made a HUGE difference in Ty's feeding habits. We have a pediatrician's appointment tomorrow morning and we'll see how he's doing.
I want to post more pics, but my dial-up connection here at home is way too slow and my computer gets funny about it sometimes. I'm going back to work Monday, which I really don't feel like doing. I'm gonna miss the little guy.
Kelly's parents drove up this weekend, and her mother is staying wih us for the week, which is a HUGE help for us as we transition to this new life. Especially as Kelly recovers from her surgery, and I have to go to work. Tyler met his grandparents and Uncle Daryl for the first time, and he really took to them. Uncle Daryl changed his first Tyler-Poopie diaper, and Tyler did really well with him. In fact, he had some nice moments with his grandma and grandpa.
And here we are...five days in...and I am already wondering to myself...where has the time gone?
No comments:
Post a Comment