Question: How many times has Tyler peed on Daddy?
Answer: 5 times
Question: How many times has Tyler peed on Mommy?
Answer: 0 times
Question: How many times has Tyler peed on himself?
Answer: lost count
Question: How many diapers has Tyler gone through so far?
Answer: Approximately 3.5 million.
Question: How many times has Tyler pooped on Mommy?
Answer: 1 time
Question: How many times has Tyler spit up on something other than the burp cloth?
Answer: All the time
Question: How many pictures has Daddy taken of Tyler so far?
Answer: Approximately 280 pictures...no lie.
I am writing this at home on my dial-up connection, so I won't be able to share pics with you this time, but I have plenty to pick from and will post them next week when I am at work with a faster internet connection.
Okay, so the one question that stands out above is the one where Tyler pooped on Mommy. I was at work when it happened, but apparantly during a bath, Mommy was cleaning his behind and had lifted him by his legs so he was at an angle. Can you picture this? Can you guess what comes next? Tyler let out an explosive burst of poop, as if shot from a cannon, and it splattered all over Mommy's shirt and what missed her got the floor. I believe at that moment, after controlling her laughing, Mommy said something like, "You are your father's son, aren't you?"
A note on Thanksgiving. Hmmmm, I'm trying to think of something I'm thankful for....hmmmm....I wonder......
Kelly's mom is still with us and her father and brother came up yesterday, so we'll celebrate our thanksgiving today. The whole house is starting to smell really good as the food cooks, and I'm looking forward to the "official" celebration of Ty's first Thanksgiving.
Tyler has been fighting a diaper rash and it appears to be painful. We spoke with our pediatrician friday and got some good advice, which might be helping already. I hate hearing him cry when we clean him over his rash. We've actually started to distinguish some of his cries. We own the baby Bible, "What to expect in the first year," and it gave us some clues about the types of cries and their meanings. It seems to be accurate to Tyler's crying.
Mommy is resting now, which she needs. We are sleep deprived, and have had some long overnights with our little one. But, we're hanging in there. We're beginning to learn the dynamic of our new family. We're learning how Tyler works and he's learning how we work. It's an everyday experience.
That's the update for today. When I look at the world today, it's through tired and heavy eyes, but that's okay, because it's not my eyes that I use to see Tyler, it's my heart. And in that regard, I'm doing just fine.
Thank you for that vivid portayal of the poop story. Your neice and nephew laughed hysterically as I read it to them! They will be talking about that I'm sure for quite some time! Isn't parenting fun?!
ReplyDelete