10/12/2005

Wide Awake

Thank you for reading this journal, and thank you for your continued support and interest in our life as we prepare for the arrival of our baby boy. I've written it so much and said it so much that I hope the message doesn't get too watered down. Kelly and I feel so blessed to have you in our life.

I can't wait to introduce you to our son. I can't wait to let you see what he looks like. I can't wait to call you on the phone, or send you an e-mail, or post a note here on this journal, to tell you he's here. We've spent so much time getting ready for his arrival and we've done so much in preparation. There is still more to do, and even though it can be overhwelming at times, I know that the moment I first lay eyes on him, and he looks back at me, I will become a more complete person.

I pray that I'll be a good father to him. I wanna get it right. I want to raise him to be a good person and have soul. I want him to love, not hate. I hope to teach him kindness and compassion. I have a feeling he'll teach me more than I'll teach him.

Many of my recent posts have been very straight forward and full of facts. It is a good guage of where my head has been lately...a bit overwhelmed, less poetic. For a brief moment, I got lost in the shuffle....then today, I listened to a live version of U2's "Bad", and found myself again.

Today is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment