10/20/2005

51st Post

If you've been with this journal since the beginning you have read 50 posts so far, and that is a lot, huh? Anyone yawning? Thanks for checking this journal when you do. The fact that you keep coming here when you have time means a lot to me. Thank you.

So, to start Post 51, here is a babycenter.com update:

"How your baby's growing: Congratulations! Your pregnancy
is now considered full term ” meaning your baby is
developmentally ready to handle life outside the womb. (Babies
born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42
weeks are post-term.) Your baby probably weighs a little over 6
pounds at this point and measures between 19 and 20 inches,
head to heel.
Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from
1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your
baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples
are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children are born
blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised
by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport
only peach fuzz."

Yesterday, after that cool experience with my friend's baby, I came home to a very nice card from Kelly. It was a card to me from my unborn son, and it was extremely nice. It was a good way to end the day, and absolute perfect timing. Although I guess I completely missed it sitting on the table that morning...lol. I brought the card to work so I can look at it anytime during the day.

The baby's room is now about 95% done. It actually looks like a baby room and I think we did good. Pics will come when we finish that last 5%. Anytime we're in his room I play the mobile over the crib so he can hear it now, in hopes that it will become familiar to him and bring comfort when he's in the crib.

As for Baby Boy's name...we have written each of the seven names on a strip of paper, in full, short, and nickname, and may have narrowed it down to two! Maybe...lol. It was Kelly's idea, and it really helps to see the names written out in different forms. We will not pick one until we actually see him. Then, we'll name him. In a way, we're not really picking the name, because when we see him the right one will jump out and we'll have no choice.

The same goes for his birthday. Yeah, he might actually be picking his own birthday more than previously thought. At our last doctor's appointment we learned that something inside the baby's head sends a trigger or message to the mother's body that says it's time, and then the labor begins. Our doctor said it's a sign of higher brain-stem function and it's something they can't prove for sure, but there is some sort of communication between baby and mommy that triggers the event. I guess only he knows when he'll be ready, so I plan on talking to him about that...lol. We're still hoping for an "on-time" delivery; nothing earlier or later. Although it really could happen anytime now, so it's just wishful thinking from first-time parents.

When I look at the world today, I see an unstable place, ready to change, ready to be re-seen and made new. The prequel is nearing the end, and a new story is about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment