Well, I played the "Kick if you like this name" game and Baby Boy Kolchuk didn't like any of them. Time to rethink the plan. And no, we have not settled on one specific name just yet. Unfortunately Bono Kolchuk just doesn't sound right....lol.
He's still pretty active around 10:30pm, and I'm really thinking that won't change when he's born.
We pulled out the Heart Monitor we got from our friend, Debbie, and there, underneath all the other internal sounds was the rhythmic patter of our son's heart! It was very cool. He's just sputtering along at a very fast pace. Then we put the Ultrasound video on again and it was a nice moment. He's still continuing to move his appendages across the womb and we're still feeling him move around much better.
During an active spell, while watching Six Feet Under again, I started talking to him right through her belly and he just stopped his kicking instantly. As his father I am hoping the truth is that he was listening to the soothing sound of my radio voice, although I am not sure if that was just ironic timing.
Kelly and I are also in the planning stages for new vehicles to better accomodate our growing family, so I test drove a couple recently. Our car timing is not the best, but both cars are not going to last much longer, and we need to have something safe and bigger than we do now.
Kelly is feeling decent. She has back pain and numbness here and there, but it's a normal part of the pregnancy. We're in week 25 and if you're interested here's some info (from Baby Center.com) about what Baby Boy Kolchuk might be doing right now:
He's growing steadily, gaining about a quarter of a pound since last week, when he was just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long, that makes a pretty lean figure, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon put on more baby fat. Your baby's skin is thin, translucent, and wrinkled, his brain is growing rapidly, and his taste buds are developing. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance that helps the air sacs inflate easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment