(Originally posted in AOL journal on Thursday, June 16th, 2005 at 6:33pm)
If you are new to this journal, please scroll down to the post titled "Welcome" for your "official" welcome to the site! Thanks for your interest in my ramblings!
When I look at the world today, I am filled with a sense of anxiousness, in a good way. I am anxious to feel our unborn baby's kicks against my wife's belly, to hear him/her take his/her first breath after delivery, to hold Baby Kolchuk for the first time, to bring him/her home for the first time. But that's all in the future, yet I am anxious and excited to experience it.All of this is sparked by the anxiousness I have for our first real ultrasound on June 23rd. I have been telling Baby Kolchuk that he/she needs to not be shy so we can see if it's a boy or girl. I came up with a brilliant idea for figuring it out, but so far it hasn't worked: I leaned close and asked Baby Kolchuk to kick once if it was a boy, twice if it was a girl...and we got no response. Oh well, lol. Although, Kelly did feel something last night, and she's not sure if it was the baby or not. It happened randomly for a minute or two, then stopped. We'd like to believe it was Baby Kolchuk saying hello, or even answering my earlier question, but it's hard to tell because Kelly's never been pregnant before, so she's not sure what it's supposed to feel like. (I'm sure this will change in the near future.)
Anyway, we're excited and hopeful to learn if we have a son or daughter. I have my suspicions of what Baby Kolchuk might be, but I'll keep them to myself until we find out for real, and yes, I'll tell you the truth if I was right or wrong. I'll be sure to post to this journal as soon as I can get to a computer after the Ultrasound.I can't wait. Thanks for your interest and kindness!
No comments:
Post a Comment