(Originally posted to my AOL journal on Friday, June 10th, 2005 at 10:34pm)
Welcome, and thanks for your interest in my AOL journal. Someday, maybe this journal will grow up into a website. But for now, this is the easiest (and free) way for me to write something like this!As I said in my e-mail to you, I intend this to be a new way for me to keep in touch with you, and fill you in on both the pregnancy and just life in general. I guess it's kind of a blog of things happening in my life, and I am encouraged by your interest. I hope you enjoy your stay here and I would love to hear from you, so feel free to respond to anything I post here. Everyone is welcome, regardless of the topic or reason!
I call the Journal "When I Look At The World" for a specific reason. My U2 friends are probably smirking right now, but it actually makes sense for me. I took the name from a U2 song, which on one of its' many levels is about seeing the world from a different view as someone else. The song is a bit darker than the concept of this journal, but the idea is to bring people I care about, both friends and family with your own unique perspective on life, together into this one place, where we can keep in touch, and I can fill you in on my ever-changing view of the world as Kelly and I prepare for the birth of Baby Kolchuk, sometime around November 9th, 2005.
Kelly and I bought a digital camera, so I intend to upload pictures here as well, and with any luck this won't feel like your stuck watching home movies of someone else's family. I'd appreciate any and all feedback as I write this, because I've never really done anything like this before. I hope it keeps your interest and you feel like coming back here on a regular basis.
So, to start: When I look at the world today I see a future of nothing but baby toys, diapers, garage sales, diapers, lack of sleep, diapers, doctor's appointments, bottles, baby books, diapers, and an empty wallet...and it's an absolutely beautiful sight.
-Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment